Executive Committee Report
Trading Post/Youth Centre
Present: John Malmstrom, Wayne Smith, Susan Malmstrom, Hal Theriault, Tim Wilson.
The meeting was called to order at 10:00 AM.
• Sarah Peck of Greenland won the Garden Basket.
• John and Tim could not reach Julian and Barbara Graham to work on opening the Youth Centre; Tim will try emailing them again.
• Jane Kingston and Tim worked through the insurance application. The fee is $500. As soon as Tim finds out the terms of the insurance, Wayne will forward the check to Recreation Nova Scotia. John said that we need to have something in writing before the check is forwarded.
• John suggests that Tim ask Jane if she would like to join the Youth Subcommittee.
• We need to be in better contact with the village at large so that everyone is informed of what BRIDGS is doing. A brief, monthly 1 paragraph press release to the Tributary was suggested.
• TO DO LIST:
1. Tim will contact Recreation Nova Scotia regarding the insurance terms; Wayne will forward the check.
2. Tim will call Glendean to get the name of the electrician who inspected the space, as well as the meter number, so that Nova Scotia Power can be contacted regarding regular service.
3. Tim will draft and John will edit a report for The Tributary.
4. Hal will continue to work on the Economic Development Report.
Meeting adjourned at 11:00 AM.