Executive Committee Report
July 27, 2006
Trading Post/Youth Centre
Present: John Malmstrom, Susan Malmstrom, Tim Wilson.
The meeting was called to order at 10:00 AM.
• The insurance policy states that we are only covered from Oct. 2005-06. Tim will investigate this with Jane Kingston.
• Susan offered to write a letter to Andre Bouchard’s supervisor to relate what a great job Andre is doing for us and what an asset he is to the program.
• Once a date is set, a flyer will be sent out to all Bear River addresses announcing the grand opening of the Centre. Susan offered to pick up the paper and will forward a draft to Tim via e-mail. The flyers can be printed at the office of Jr. Theriault in Digby.
• John spoke informally with Darryl Jelfs, Fire Hall Chief, at our Sunday post-carnival clean-up. A representative from BRIDGS will be invited to attend a meeting at the Fire Hall to discuss the future of the Cherry Carnival and how we might partner with them next year.
• Susan suggested that BRIDGS proposes to the Board of Trade, BREDS, and the Legion Auxiliary to hold a joint fundraiser, similar to the tsunami relief effort organized by Simone Wilson.
Meeting adjourned at 11:00 AM.