Executive Committee Report
September 25, 2006
Present: John Malmstrom, Susan Malmstrom, Tim Wilson, Wayne Smith, Hal Theriault.
The meeting was called to order at 9:00 AM.
• The treasurer’s report was submitted by Wayne Smith and accepted by the Committee.
• The month to month rental agreement was OK’ed by Glendean Parker who will take it to the BREDS board.
• The Youth Task Force is launching a phone survey to determine the level of interest in the Youth Centre. There will be a meeting on Sept. 28 to finalize the script.
• A follow-up meeting to the phone analysis will take place at the Yout Centre on October 12 at 7 PM.
• Susan will write a letter to MacDonald Chisholm Trask Insurance thanking them for making an exception to the Youth Centre by pro-rating the policy when she forwards the insurance payment, due Oct. 1.
• Hal will look into the Job Creation Partnership as a possible funding source for a Youth Centre employee. John offered to assist if necessary.
• Grey Mckenzie is interested in speaking at the next general BRIDGS meeting regarding his own efforts at youth outreach in the community.
Bear River Pageant:
• Hal is researching and writing the core script.
• Susan will forward a copy of the contract to Wayne for record keeping.
• John asked Hal to deliver bullet-pointed “accomplishment” lists at the general meetings.
• John will work with Cindy to get things in to place for the volunteer organizations meeting.
• John will see if we can have this meeting at the Fire Hall in November.
• It was suggested that the Treasurer’s Report be delivered at the end of the meeting. It will be a summation; if members have questions, they can talk to Wayne after the meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 10:00 AM.