Executive Committee Report
January 4, 2007
Present: John Malmstrom, Susan Malmstrom, Wayne Smith, Hal Theriault, Tim Wilson.
The meeting was called to order at 9:00 AM.
Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Wayne Smith reported that the Youth Centre is currently in debt in the amount of $20.46. This includes the amount of $50.20 owed to the Cherry Brook Grocery as a result of a debit purchase incurred by a member of the Youth Committee. Wayne and Hal are scheduled to meet with the Youth Committee this evening, and will discuss options to balance the account. Using BRIDGS funds designated by donors to specific projects and programs other than the Youth Centre to cover these expenses is never an option, and this needs to be stressed to all BRIDGS members.
MOTION: by Wayne, seconded by Tim that commingling of funds for separate BRIDGS projects is not authorized, and that responsibility for ensuring this shall rest with the Treasurer. CARRIED.
Treasurer Wayne Smith submitted a Treasurer’s Report to the Executive Committee, with a motion for acceptance with changes noted. Seconded by Susan. CARRIED.
Expenditures by BRIDGS Members:
MOTION: by Wayne, seconded by Tim that BRIDGS, its committees, subcommittees, and/or any agents will not incur any debt, at any time, with any vendor for any reason without prior, written approval by the BRIDGS Executive Committee. CARRIED.
Bear River Pageant: Hal will deliver an update on the progress of the pageant at the February meeting, as he will be unable to attend January’s general meeting.
Community Input on BRIDGS: Discussion was raised regarding how inclusive (and transparent) BRIDGS can be with regard to our projects and programs. The Committee feels that the following BRIDGS protocol will always be followed:
• The public is always invited to all general meetings;
• Anyone who attends any meeting may join and serve on any subcommittee;
• Anyone who wishes to receive our minutes will do so if they forward their e-mail address to the Secretary;
• Meeting dates are always published in the Tributary and the Bear River Health Clinic Newsletter, and anyone who is on our e-mail list regularly receives notice of upcoming meetings. In addition, special meetings (such as the Village Meeting) are advertised via mailed flyers and posters;
• Members of the press are always invited to the general meetings.
The Executive Committee felt that we have gone to great lengths to ensure inclusiveness and transparency, and will continue to do so as our projects progress.
Meeting adjourned at 10:30 AM.